Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and magnesium supplement for nervous horses
B-QUIET® has been formulated to treat the symptoms of thiamine and magnesium deficiency including hyperirritability and nervousness in horses.
Thiamine plays a vital role in carbohydrate metabolism and nerve transmission. Hard-working horses or those on high-grain diets may have reduced production of thiamine by intestinal bacteria because of stress or hindgut acidosis.
Thiamine supplementation has been shown to have a calming effect on individuals displaying undesirable behaviour due to a thiamine deficiency or increased requirements.
Magnesium has an important role in muscle and nerve function. Horses that are deficient in magnesium can show signs of spooky and excitable behaviour, and may suffer muscle tremors or cramping. Recent research has shown that magnesium supplementation may positively influence behaviour in horses during stressful situations.
B-QUIET supplies elevated levels of thiamine and magnesium for horses on high-grain diets or those in heavy training.
Why use B-Quiet?
- High-quality thiamine and magnesium formula to nutritionally support excitable and highly-strung horses.
- Supplementation may benefit horses on high-grain diets, those in heavy training and those with a thiamine and/or magnesium deficiency.
- May reduce the risk of weight loss and anxious/nervous behaviour.
The following amounts should be fed daily. Mix well with feed.
- 30g -Nervous horses, horses on high grain intakes or in heavy training, and other horses showing signs of thiamine deficiency, for as long as signs persist.
- 60g – To horses for 2 days prior to a show or competition.
*These recommendations are for horses with a mature body weight of 500kg. Please adjust according to the weight of your horse.