Virbac FBC Blood Sachet
Virbac FBC Blood Sachet
An aid in the treatment and prevention of anaemia in all horses where iron and B-Vitamin co-factors would be beneficial.
WHAT IS FBC BLOODFOOD®?
FBC BLOODFOOD is a complete ‘blood-building package’ to optimise blood counts and contains 4 major nutrient components for blood building:
- Trace minerals
- B-complex vitamins
- Amino acids
It provides a highly concentrated source of elemental iron (98%) and is available in individually packed sachets of palatable sugar-coated granules.
- Horses recovering from sickness, injury, bleeding, surgery or anaemia
- Horses suffering heavy parasitism
- Performance horses starting training or coming back into work
- Breeding horses and lactating mares who have extra iron demands placed on their body
WHY CHOOSE FBC BLOODFOOD?
- Highly concentrated source of elemental iron - FBC BLOODFOOD contains 98% iron carbonyl, the most concentrated form of iron; micronized for maximum availability.
- Contains other essential components – Added copper, cobalt and amino acids are all required for blood production and creation of proteins contained in red blood cells and haemoglobin.
- Safe alternative to injectables - FBC BLOODFOOD contains high levels of vitamin B12 and folic acid to stimulate the bone marrow to produce red blood cells; and eliminates the need for B12 and folic acid injections.
- Accurate dose and excellent palatability.
Contains per 30 g sachet:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 15 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 25 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) 300 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 15 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 500 µg
- Folic Acid 7.5 mg
- Iron (as iron carbonyl and ferric pyrophosphate) 230 mg
- Copper 18 mg
- Carbonate Cobaltous Sulfate Heptahydrate Cobalt 1 mg
- Glycine 15 mg
- Lysine 15 mg
- Methionine 15 mg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
To be given at key training times at the following doses or as directed by a veterinary surgeon:
Horses (450 - 500 kg)
Racing, hard work, lactating mares
- Initial dose: 2 sachets daily for 10 days
- Follow up: 1 sachet daily for 10 days
- Maintenance dose: 1 sachet every alternate day, or as required
- Pre-race drench: 2 sachets daily in feed for 3 days prior to racing or in pre-race drench
Ponies (225 - 250 kg)
1 sachet every alternate day for 3 weeks, then as required
Light Work, Pregnant Mares, Stallions at Stud
- Initial dose: 1 sachet daily for 10 days
- Maintenance dose: 1 sachet every alternate day for 10 days, or as required