An aid in the prevention and treatment of deficiencies of biotin, calcium, vitamin A and D in the diets of racing, working, pleasure and stud horses. It can also aid in the development of strong, resilient hooves and skeletal structure in all horses on deficient diets.
WHAT IS CAL-PLUS® WITH BIOTIN?
CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN is a calcium, biotin and vitamin supplement for healthy, strong bones and hooves in horses. Specifically, it is:
- A treatment that promotes the growth and formation of the hoof as well as the integrity of the hoof wall
- A preventative and remedy for brittle, cracked and broken hooves
- Horses on grain-based diets or those fed on sub-tropical grasses and hays.
- Foals, young horses and pregnant mares.
- Horses with hoof problems, such as cracks, brittleness and separation of the white-line.
- Racing, working, pleasure and stud horses to prevent and treat deficiencies of biotin, calcium, vitamin A and D.
WHY CHOOSE CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN?
- Three forms of calcium and important co-factors – For maximum calcium absorption and uptake.
- Optimal calcium:phosphorus ratios
- Combination of calcium and biotin improves hoof quality – By correcting loss of structure on the outside layers of the hoof wall as well as formation of the cells in the inner two layers of the hoof wall.
- Aids in the prevention of bone disorders, shin soreness and joint injuries related to training or inadequate calcium intake or availability.
- Sub-tropical grasses such as pangola, kikuyu, buffalo, green panic, para or setania contain high oxalate levels which bind calcium, making it unavailable for horses. CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN can provide much needed calcium for any horses feeding on sub-tropical grasses.
Each 60g dose contains:
- Calcium 20.1 g
- Phosphorus 2.5 g
- Magnesium 300 µg
- Zinc 96 mg
- Manganese 37 mg
- Iron 66 mg
- Ammonium Chloride 300 µg
- Biotin 15 mg
- Retinol (Vitamin A) 5.4 mg
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 300 µg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN is to be mixed into the horse’s feed. Mix the recommended dosage well into the ration. One level scoopful contains 30 g of CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN. The following recommended dose rates have been calculated to satisfy the calcium requirements based on common diets and activity:
|Type of Horse||Dose|
(450 – 500 kg)
|Thoroughbred||60 – 90 g|
|Standardbred||90 – 110 g|
|Quarter Horse||70 – 90 g|
|Arabians||60 – 75 g|
|Performance Horses||Endurance||60 – 120 g|
|Eventers||60 – 105 g|
|Polo Horses||60 – 90 g|
|Show/Dressage Horses||60 g|
|Ponies (225 – 250 kg)||45 – 60 g|
|Other Horses||Breeding||1 scoopful (30 g) per 200 kg body weight|
- Horses in fast/hard work, or on high grain/bran diets should receive the higher recommended dosage.
- Horses that sweat heavily should receive the higher recommended dosage.
Store below 25˚C (Air-conditioning) in a dry place. Reseal container after use.